French carmaker Renault has set a new record by selling over 10,000 units of its Renault Triber MPV within the first two months of its launch. The MPV has now become a hot product for the company and has helped Renault achieve a growth rate of 63%. Recently Renault sold its 10,001 Triber through the company’s Mumbai dealership; Benchmark Motors.
You May Also Like: Renault to Double It’s Export From India by 2020
- Venkatram Mamillapille, CEO and Managing director, Renault India Operations said, “The festive season has begun on a good note for Renault India, and we are grateful to our customers for the encouraging response to our new, Renault Triber. With 10,000 cars already delivered and strong booking count in the pipeline, we have ramped up the production and are taking concerted efforts to further accelerate production to enable faster deliveries and best in class quality.”
You May Like: 2019 Renault Kwid Facelift Variants | Explained
- The Triber MPV was launched in August 2019 and is the first sub-4 metre 7-seater from the Renault. The Triber is made on the modified version of the CMF-A platform, which has already turned out to a game-changer for the Renault Kwid.
- The Triber is offered with an all-new 1.0L, 3-cylinder engine generating 71 bhp and 96 Nm of torque. Renault is planning an AMT version of the Triber MPV by 2020.
- The Triber is offered with several features which include a touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, electric boot release, projector headlamps, LED DRLs and a first in its kind third row called the Easy-Fix.
- The Renault Triber ranges from Rs 4.95 lakh to Rs 6.49 lakh (ex-showroom, India) and rivals the Datsun Go+, Hyundai Grand i10, Ford Figo and Maruti Suzuki’s Wagon R and The Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.
Exclusive: Renault Is Working On A Sub-4 Meter Sedan0