After the unofficial unveiling of Škoda Octavia, the performance spec 2020 Škoda Octavia RS has also been leaked. The Octavia RS is the performance peaked version of the standards Octavia.
Also Read: 2020 Škoda Octavia Images Revealed
2020 Škoda Octavia RS | Highlights
- The Škoda Octavia RS will get a punchier 2.0-litre TSI tuned petrol engine than the standard Octavia.
- The current-gen Škoda Octavia RS produces 242 bhp and 350 nm of torque via a 6-speed DSG gearbox.
- Distinguishing it from the standard Octavia, the Škoda Octavia RS will get a blacked-out front grille, smoked LED adaptive headlamps, a boot-lid spoiler with front splitter and side-skirts.
- The leaked images also reveal a new set of alloys with red brake callipers.
- The Škoda Octavia RS will also get the “VRS” (Viktor Rally Sports) badging on the tail-gate and the front grille.
- The Škoda Octavia RS will most probably get an all-black Alcantara-trimmed interior for a more sportier feel. Unique to the RS, the Octavia will get a 10.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system with a “Sports View” feature.
- The Škoda Octavia RS has been a very popular enthusiast’s car since its launch with Škoda selling out all their inventory.
- Škoda is also planning to launch the more powerful Octavia RS245 in India under the new homologation rules.
- The 2020 Škoda Octavia RS will be officially unveiled on 11th November 2019.