Czech carmaker Škoda with its parent Volkswagen is planning to reveal almost a dozen SUVs for the Indian market. Here we take a look at the brand new Škoda Kamiq which was spotted for the first time on India roads. The Kamiq SUV will rival the likes of the Hyundai Creta and the 5th best seller car of the year; the Kia Seltos.
Škoda Kamiq SUV | Highlights
- The Škoda Kamiq is a compact SUV which will officially be unveiled at the 2020 Auto Expo in Delhi. However, the India-bound Kamiq will only launch in the year 2021.
- The particular Škoda Kamiq that was spotted seems to be an early European-spec model.
- The Euro-spec Škoda Kamiq is based on Volkswagen’s much-acclaimed MQB A0 design architecture which will form a base for many upcoming Volkswagen group cars. Volkswagen has specially developed the MQB-A0-IN platform for India.
You May Like: Volkswagen Will Reveal Upto 10 SUVs This Auto Expo
- It is still unclear what the India-spec Škoda Kamiq be called which will be revealed at the upcoming Auto Expo 2020.
- It is clear that the India Kamiq will take a lot of design cues from the International version of the Škoda Kamiq.
- The India-bound Škoda Kamiq will not be getting a diesel engine instead, a BS6 compliant petrol engine will be offered. The Kamiq being an entry-level SUV will only feature in FWD configuration.
- Dimension-wise, the Kamiq will be 4.2 meters in length keeping its comparison to the Hyundai Creta and the Mahindra XUV 300. It is noted that the Indian Kamiq will get an increased wheelbase for a more spacious cabin.
- Inside the Kamiq will be a full set of features including an 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, a panoramic sunroof and adjustable rear seats.
- The Kamiq will also get Škoda’s umbrella holders inside the door jams.
- Safety-wise, ABS with EBD, ESP, multiple airbags will be standard across all variants of the Škoda Kamiq.
Leaked! 2020 Škoda Octavia RS0